Reel Recovery: Texas & Oklahoma Region
REEL RECOVERY is a national non-profit organization that conducts free fly-fishing retreats for men recovering from cancer. Their purpose is to help men in the recovery process by sharing with them the healing powers of the sport of fly-fishing, while providing a safe, supportive environment to explore personal experiences with cancer, with others who share their stories.
- Provide a safe, reflective environment for the participants to discuss their disease and recovery with other men with shared experiences, thereby providing support and information to help them in their recovery.
- Provide expert fly-fishing instruction that enables the participants to learn a new skill, form a healing connection with nature, and participate in a sport they can continue throughout their recovery and lifetime.
- Provide participants information about cancer-related resources, both in the local community and nationally to facilitate networking and enhanced management of their recovery.
- 2014 Spring:
- Glen Rose, TX (April 11-13)
- Boerne, TX (April 25-27)
- Broken Bow,OK (May18-20)
- 2014 Fall:
- Broken Bow, OK (Oct. 5-7)
- Glen Rose, TX (Oct. 24-26)